Ulster Folk and Transport Museum Steps and Walkway
The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum lets you step back in time and uncover a way of life from 100 years ago. Discover cottages, farms, schools and shops as you wander through the beautiful parkland of the Folk Museum chatting to costumed visitor guides demonstrating traditional crafts. Climb on and off majestic steam locomotives or experience the sensation of flight in the Transport Museum bursting with horse drawn carriages, electric trams, motorbikes, fire-engines and vintage cars.
Below the steps was a storage facility which housed a lot of valuable artifacts. Rainfall was leaking through the old concrete surfaces with the potential to damage or ruin museum property.
THE SOLUTION & BENEFITS
We specified Cemprotec E942 as it incorporates the benefits of copolymer and epoxy resin technologies into a water based cementitious system to give a hard, durable coating with excellent resistance to water, chloride ions, oxygen and aggressive chemicals.
Cemprotec E942 can be used as a stand-alone anti-corrosion coating for ferrous metals as well as waterproofing and protection of concrete where enhanced chemical and abrasion resistance is needed.
- Pre-packaged in convenient and easy to handle sizes, only requiring mixing on site.
- Unique blend of surfactants enables easy brush or spray application.
- Gel structure breaks down under shear to produce a smooth finish, which rapidly recovers to prevent sagging.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance.
- Resistant to a range of chemicals including hydrogen sulphide.
- Excellent adhesion to steel and cementitious substrates. Tolerant to lower levels of steel preparation.
- Hydrates to provide an alkaline environment which chemically reacts with the substrate to accelerate the passivation of steel and enhance the bond to concrete.
- Water-based product, cures without the release of hazardous solvents. Equipment easily cleaned with water.
- Dense matrix offers low permeability to water, even at 10 bar positive and negative pressure, and very high diffusion resistance to carbon dioxide gas and chloride ions.