South West Acute Hospital Internal Tank Bund
Built on time and within budget, the new hospital provides a wide range of major acute hospital services to patients from Fermanagh and Tyrone and beyond. Designed with the needs of patients in mind the South West Acute Hospital is the first hospital in Northern Ireland to have entirely single room ensuite accommodation.
The internal bund was constructed on top of the central stores building. A felt system was used initially, but after water tests confirmed that this was unfit for purpose, a new solution was required.
THE SOLUTION & BENEFITS
Patterson Protective Coatings Ltd specified Elastaseal WB as a product suitable for waterproofing internal substrates without the need for evacuating the building during the application of the product.
- Cold liquid applied – no hot works on roof
- Low odour, water-based formulation
- Advanced acrylic polymers
- Easy to apply and detail
- Can be applied over most roof types
- High solids for long lasting protection
- 10 and 15 year systems available
- Early resistant to rainfall
- Permanently elastomeric and joint free
- Glass fibre reinforced for maximum film strength
- UV stable
- Easy to apply by brush / roller or airless spray
- Non Flammable