Warren Kerr (Owner/Director)
Gas & Controls Roof Refurbishment
Gas & Controls is one of Ireland’s fastest growing gas detection and environmental monitoring companies. Using state of the art gas safety technology and their 25 years’ experience, they provide unrivaled commissioning and maintenance service of gas safety systems throughout Ireland.
Gas & Controls moved premises and subsequently carried out a complete renovation of the building both inside and out. The old roof system was dated and was no longer keeping the water out of the building. We carried out a survey and found the roof to be in poor condition. The previous roof system was a cladded sheet over-clad with chipboard and then felt. The chipboard was soft underfoot and therefore had to be removed and replaced with new sheets of OSB Board.
THE SOLUTION & BENEFITS
The old system was removed back to the metal cladded sheet. New OSB 3 timber boards were attached to the cladded sheet leaving a sound substrate on which to apply the Tor Elastaseal Liquid Roofing System (10yr). The systems provide a cold liquid applied, breathable, seamless finish, which moves with the roof and allows vapour release from the existing substrate.
- Cold liquid applied – no hot works on roof
- Safe to install – unobtrusive repairs
- Easy to apply and detail
- Can be applied over most roof types
- Single pack products
- High solids for long lasting protection
- 10, 15, 20 and 25 year systems available
- Quickly resistant to rainfall
- Permanently elastomeric
- Joint free
- Excellent resistance to ponded water
- Fibre reinforced for maximum film strength
- UV stable
- Easy to maintain – excellent through life costings