Western Health & Social Care Trust
Altnagelvin Hospital Access Ramp
Altnagelvin Area Hospital is the main hospital for the North West of Northern Ireland. It provides services to the city of Derry as well as County Londonderry, but also some specialist and acute services for County Tyrone, County Donegall, County Fermanagh and Armagh.
The concrete access ramp had began to break down in places leaving the walkway unsafe for foot and wheelchair traffic. The health and safety of patients and staff entering and exiting the building is paramount and with this in mind we were tasked with devising a specification for repair of the concrete and also incorporating a tough, abrasive resistant and long lasting anti-slip coating.
THE SOLUTION & BENEFITS
We decided to offer Cemprotec E-Floor which provides a tough, durable barrier which offers effective protection against severe wear, impact and abrasion in heavily trafficked areas. A heavy grit was applied onto the E-Floor before a final application of Sandseal WB to provide a finish with enhanced durability.
- Pre-packaged material only requiring mixing on site.
- A unique blend of surfactants gives high flow to enable fast and easy application.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance. Resistant to a range of chemicals including hydrogen sulphide.
- Can be applied without risk of osmotic blistering to “green” concrete, wet substrates or floors with no effective waterproofing membrane.
- Excellent adhesion to dry or damp cementitious substrates.
- Hydrates to give high early strengths, enabling rapid reinstatement of traffic.
- Water based product, cures without the release of hazardous solvents. Equipment easily cleaned with water.
- Dense matrix offers low permeability to water, even at 10 bar positive and negative pressure, and very high diffusion resistance to chlorides and oxygen.
- Easily treated with resin coatings or overlayed with wood flooring, carpets or tiles.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.